I have been using Git for some time now and so far like it a lot. Especially the set up as described by Vincent Driessen in combination with the git-flow (and perhaps even better for lots of Java projects) the Maven implementation of it make using it easy.
However you might always end up in a situation as I did lately that you have to share your sources with someone who doesn’t use Git. In that case there is a simple Git command to help you out. It is the ‘git archive‘ command. You can use it like this:
git archive --format zip --output my-project-sources.zip develop
In this case a zip file ‘my-project-sources.zip’ is created containing all the sources that are in the ‘develop’ branch.
For lots more Git commands see this page and for more general background info about the way Git works see this book.
Tag CloudActiveMQ Artifactory AWS AWS Beanstalk AWS DynamoDB AWS EMR AWS Glacier AWS IAM AWS RDS AWS Route 53 AWS S3 AWS SDK Java AWS SQS AWS VPC Axis2 Boxfuse BPEL BPMN Citrus Cloud CloudCheckr Continuous Build Continuous Delivery CruiseControl CXF DataMining Docker EJB3 Git GitLab GlassFish Hadoop Hibernate IntelliJ IDEA iOS Jasper Reports Java JAX-WS JAXB JBoss AS Jenkins JMS Linux MapForce MapReduce maven MongoDB Mule Mule ESB Mule iON Netbeans Nexus OpenEJB Oracle BPEL Oracle iAS Oracle WSM Oracle XE Quartz Red Hat REST Security Smooks SOA/Web Services SoapUI Spring Boot Spring Framework Spring Integration Spring WS SqlDeveloper Swift TOGAF9 Tomcat WSO2 ESB XCode XML/XSD/XSLT
Top Posts & Pages
- Configure Jenkins for Continuous Delivery of a Spring Boot application
- Assign a fixed IP to AWS EC2 instance
- Making Spring Boot application run serverless with AWS
- Use Spring and Hibernate with MongoDB
- Validating JWT with Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Using Amazon RDS with your WordPress installation
- Transforming XML to CSV via XSLT
- Run your Spring Boot application on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk
- Running the Maven Release Plugin with Jenkins
- Using a WAR module as dependency in Maven
Pascal is a senior IT consultant and has been working in IT since 1997. He is monitoring the latest development in new technologies (Mobile, Cloud, Big Data) closely and particularly interested in Java open source tool stacks, cloud related technologies like AWS and mobile development like building iOS apps with Swift. Specialties: Java/JEE/Spring Amazon AWS API/REST Big Data Continuous Delivery Swift/iOS