When you make use of (some of the) Amazon services there is a big chance S3 is one of them for the storage of files, be it temporary or more permanent. When you are using this service of AWS and you want to combine this with scripting possibilities you should have a look at the s3cmd library.
I installed the tool on my Mac and use it quite often (automatic backups of certain directories for instance). It makes working with S3 buckets in the Terminal easy. The installation is straightforward although for a Mac you might need to install a PGP tool. For a step by step installation see this great post. After finishing this you are ready to play with AWS S3 from your Mac.
Tag CloudActiveMQ amazon Artifactory AWS AWS Beanstalk AWS DynamoDB AWS EMR AWS Glacier AWS IAM AWS RDS AWS Route 53 AWS S3 AWS SDK Java AWS SQS AWS VPC Axis2 Boxfuse BPEL BPMN Citrus Cloud CloudCheckr Continuous Build CruiseControl CXF DataMining DZone EJB3 Git GitLab GlassFish Hadoop Hibernate IntelliJ IDEA iOS Jasper Reports Java JavaCodeGeeks JAX-WS JAXB JBoss AS JMS Linux MapForce MapReduce maven MongoDB Mule Mule ESB Mule iON Netbeans OpenEJB Oracle BPEL Oracle iAS Oracle WSM Oracle XE Quartz Red Hat REST SAML Security Smooks SOA/Web Services SoapUI Spring Boot Spring Framework Spring Integration Spring WS SqlDeveloper Swift TOGAF9 Tomcat WSO2 ESB XCode XML/XSD/XSLT
Top Posts & Pages
- Validating JWT with Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Assign a fixed IP to AWS EC2 instance
- Run your Spring Boot application on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk
- Using Amazon RDS with your WordPress installation
- Writing a Hadoop MapReduce task in Java
- Using a WAR module as dependency in Maven
- Use Spring and Hibernate with MongoDB
- Starting developing in Swift: Using GitLab with XCode
- Making Spring Boot application run serverless with AWS
- Transforming XML to CSV via XSLT
Pascal is a senior IT consultant and has been working in IT since 1997. He is monitoring the latest development in new technologies (Mobile, Cloud, Big Data) closely and particularly interested in Java open source tool stacks, cloud related technologies like AWS and mobile development like building iOS apps with Swift. Specialties: Java/JEE/Spring Amazon AWS API/REST Big Data Continuous Delivery Swift/iOS