When you make use of (some of the) Amazon services there is a big chance S3 is one of them for the storage of files, be it temporary or more permanent. When you are using this service of AWS and you want to combine this with scripting possibilities you should have a look at the s3cmd library.
I installed the tool on my Mac and use it quite often (automatic backups of certain directories for instance). It makes working with S3 buckets in the Terminal easy. The installation is straightforward although for a Mac you might need to install a PGP tool. For a step by step installation see this great post. After finishing this you are ready to play with AWS S3 from your Mac.
Tag CloudActiveMQ amazon Artifactory AWS AWS Beanstalk AWS DynamoDB AWS EMR AWS Glacier AWS IAM AWS RDS AWS Route 53 AWS S3 AWS SDK Java AWS SQS AWS VPC Axis2 Boxfuse BPEL BPMN Citrus Cloud CloudCheckr Continuous Build CruiseControl CXF DataMining DZone EJB3 Git GitLab GlassFish Hadoop Hibernate IntelliJ IDEA iOS Jasper Reports JavaCodeGeeks JAX-WS JAXB JBoss AS JMS Linux MapForce MapReduce maven MongoDB Mule Mule ESB Mule iON Netbeans OpenEJB Oracle BPEL Oracle iAS Oracle WSM Oracle XE Quartz Red Hat REST SAML Scala Security Smooks SOA/Web Services SoapUI Spring Boot Spring Framework Spring Integration Spring WS SqlDeveloper Swift TOGAF9 Tomcat WSO2 ESB XCode XML/XSD/XSLT
Top Posts & Pages
- Use Spring and Hibernate with MongoDB
- Using AWS SQS as JMS provider with Spring
- Starting developing in Swift: Using GitLab with XCode
- Using Amazon RDS with your WordPress installation
- Validating JWT with Spring Boot and Spring Security
- Creating a Message Driven Bean with AWS SQS in Spring
- Assign a fixed IP to AWS EC2 instance
- Run your Spring Boot application on AWS using Elastic Beanstalk
- 'Hello World' with Glassfish, Metro and Maven
- More advanced stuff with JMS and AWS SQS
Pascal is a senior software developer and architect. Pascal has been designing and building applications since 2001. He is particularly interested in Open Source toolstack (Mule, Spring Framework, JBoss) and technologies like Web Services, SOA and Cloud technologies. Lately he is having great fun by building iOS apps with Swift. Specialties: JEE AWS XML/XSD/XSLT Web Services/SOA Mule ESB/ WSO2 ESB Maven Cloud Technology Swift/ iOS